World-renowned TPC Sawgrass is searching for an executive chef to lead their five-star culinary operations. The successful candidate can ensure that the culinary program matches the level of notoriety of THE PLAYERS Stadium Course’s famous #17 island green. The successful candidate must have a successful track record leading high-volume, high-quality culinary operations in luxury hotels, resorts and/or Platinum clubs.
TPC Sawgrass does $8.38M in F&B of which 40% is a la carte and 60% is banquet. The club has two kitchens (the main kitchen and banquet kitchen) and 40 kitchen employees. We are looking for a great leader and culinarian to lead the culinary program at TPC Sawgrass – the flagship TPC property – into the future.
Here is a link to a video about this amazing opportunity: http://bit.ly/tpcsawgrass-video
Follow this link for the online candidate position profile: http://bit.ly/tpcsawgrass-ec
As you may know, our firm focuses on private club executive searches. We are members of the ACF and we sponsor Club & Resort Business magazine’s annual Chef to Chef Conference. We also organize and execute the Culinary Leadership Summit.
The Sous Chef is second in command to the General Manager with responsibilities for much of the kitchen, management responsibilities, inventory, menu planning and development. The Sous Chef coordinates food purchasing, preparation and production. This position assists the General Manager in supervising food production, personnel, production tasks as needed; and ensures that quality and cost standards are consistently attained.
- Assists the General Manager with the oversight of assigned venues including kitchen management, safety and sanitation, menu planning and development and food production.
- Attends to day-to-day issues and needs concerning equipment and food supplies, food quality, inventory and waste reduction.
- Consistently maintains standards of safety, quality, cost, presentation, and flavor of food.
- Hires, trains and evaluates personnel and ensures proper staffing/scheduling to ensure maximum productivity and high standards of quality.
- Prepares and directly supervises the preparation of a wide variety of entrees, soups, sauces, etc. according to prescribed recipes.
- Assists General Manager with pricing, cost controls, requisitions, and issuing supplies and equipment for food production to ensure maximum profitability.
- Assumes oversight of food production, kitchen personnel and assists with front of the house operations.
- Develops strong customer relations and ensures customer service excellence.
- Prepares reports pertaining to budget, payroll, customer counts, etc.
- Stays professionally active by attending food shows, reading trade magazines and actively participating in professional development and organizations.
- Supervises work of others, including planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, ensuring quality standards.
- Responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing, reviewing performance and administering corrective action for staff.
- Plans organizational structure and position content.
- Minimum of 1 year of related work experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory/managerial experience.
- ServSafe certification must be obtained within the first 6 months of employment
- This position requires standing in kitchens for long periods of time.
- Could be exposed to hot &/or cold temperatures.
Associate’s degree, or vocational or technical school degree in Culinary, Hospitality, Business or related field.
Current ACF and ServSafe certifications are a plus.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- We seek candidates with a commitment to working effectively with students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- This is a fast-paced, customer service focused environment. This position requires a dependable individual with great work ethic, personal integrity and a team mentality.
- Please complete the online application and be prepared to upload the following required documents: 1. Resume 2. Cover Letter 3. References
- This position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply online at https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/23805 by 8/31/17.
Applicants may contact Cris Schmitt at email@example.com if they have questions about this position.
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org
Job Description: Executive Chef
Corner on Union is a start-up restaurant to be located in Athens, Ohio. The menu will feature a backbone of southern US comfort foods with chef’s original creations around that backbone. Athens is a highly food-aware community where the clientele is accustom to locally-sourced fare.
The Executive Chef will lead the culinary efforts of the restaurant. S/he will be directly responsible for managing delivery of the food product to our guests while ensuring devotion to the organization’s quality and service standards.
- Menu development – EC will be the primary driver of innovation in our offerings, working with ownership to create menu items that will play in our market.
- Cost/margin control – EC works with ownership to establish cost/margin goals, as well as product pricing. EC then works with vendors to achieve those goals.
- Buying and Inventory Control – EC will Systematize and execute product procurement including establishing pars and proper inventory control as a critical piece of meeting margin goals.
- Staff hiring, development, supervision and evaluation – EC works with ownership to design labor structure and labor cost goals. EC hires and supervises back-of-the-house staff to achieve quality and service imperatives within cost goals.
- Ensure proper sanitation – EC and staff must ensure that Corner meets all local, state, and federal health codes, ensuring a clean, safe, and sanitary work and dining environment.
Salary and profit sharing from startup.
Other benefits offered after 6 months including retirement savings plan with employer contribution.
Interested persons should contact Ric Wasserman at Ric@ThePigskin.com