Job Description: Executive Chef
Corner on Union is a start-up restaurant to be located in Athens, Ohio. The menu will feature a backbone of southern US comfort foods with chef’s original creations around that backbone. Athens is a highly food-aware community where the clientele is accustom to locally-sourced fare.
The Executive Chef will lead the culinary efforts of the restaurant. S/he will be directly responsible for managing delivery of the food product to our guests while ensuring devotion to the organization’s quality and service standards.
- Menu development – EC will be the primary driver of innovation in our offerings, working with ownership to create menu items that will play in our market.
- Cost/margin control – EC works with ownership to establish cost/margin goals, as well as product pricing. EC then works with vendors to achieve those goals.
- Buying and Inventory Control – EC will Systematize and execute product procurement including establishing pars and proper inventory control as a critical piece of meeting margin goals.
- Staff hiring, development, supervision and evaluation – EC works with ownership to design labor structure and labor cost goals. EC hires and supervises back-of-the-house staff to achieve quality and service imperatives within cost goals.
- Ensure proper sanitation – EC and staff must ensure that Corner meets all local, state, and federal health codes, ensuring a clean, safe, and sanitary work and dining environment.
Salary and profit sharing from startup.
Other benefits offered after 6 months including retirement savings plan with employer contribution.
Interested persons should contact Ric Wasserman at Ric@ThePigskin.com