Executive Chef (Columbus, Ohio)
The Columbus Museum of Art is seeking a talented and creative Executive Chef to lead the culinary efforts at the museum, including the Schokko Art Café and CMA Special Events Catering. S/he will be directly responsible for managing delivery of food product to our café and catering guests while ensuring dedication to the organization’s purpose and mission, and the various interest groups involved with the museum.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Management and oversight of restaurant and catering operations;
- Menu development for Schokko Art café including cost/margin control and pricing;
- Work closely with Special Events Department to create and implement menus for catered events with an eye toward innovation and creativity; Estimate cost and consumption for catering functions;
- Develop recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs and product specifications, ease of preparation, established procedures and budgetary constraints;
- Develop relationships with local vendors, systematize and execute product purchasing, develop pars and proper inventory control;
- Hire and train kitchen staff, including, plate presentation, and special menu planning and flow of service areas;
- Hire and train front of house staff, including cashiers and wait staff;
- Ensure proper sanitation, meeting all local, state, and federal codes, ensuring a clean, safe, and sanitary work and dining experience;
- Development and management of approved culinary department budgets;
- Day-to-day administrative functions, such as payroll time sheets and approval and coding of invoices for submission to Finance, as well as management of personnel both in kitchen and front of the house;
- Meet with clients as needed to customize menus and provide food tastings.
The ideal candidate will have a BA/BS in Culinary Arts, ACF certification, five years’ experience in a leadership role in the food and beverage industry, or a comparable combination of education and experience. Must be able to understand and formulate a budget, determine cost of goods and establish pricing structure to ensure profit margin and profitability of the restaurant and catering operations. Must be able to manage assigned staff, give direction, follow-up and evaluate performance. Professional and mature attitude and appearance. Ability to work independently, handle pressure situations and multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work irregular hours.
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Excellent restaurant and catering kitchens and facilities.
To apply, send resume, three references, and availability to email@example.com or mail to Human Resources, Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215.
The Columbus Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.